Sangeet Natak Academi, New Delhi in association with Bhavan’s Cultural Centre, Mumbai presents Bhakti Shishir Sangeet Mahotsav, Celebration of the 250th Birth Anniversary of Saint Tyagraja from 16th March 2017 at Mumbai, India. The festival will be held at Sabhagruha of Sardar Patel College of Engineering & SPJIMR Auditorium Mumbai in evening and morning sessions. Eminent musicians from India will participate in the event. Live webcasting of the event is provide. (Watch Live)
Bhakti Shishir Sangeet Mahotsav, Celebration of the 250th Birth Anniversary of Saint Tyagraja
Date: 16-19 March 2017; Time: From 06.00 pm
Venue: Sabhagruha of Sardar Patel College of Engineering (Open-Air)
16 Mar (Thursday):
- Nagaswaram by Kasim and Babu, Trichy
- Carnatic Vocal by Amritha Murali, Chennai
- Carnatic Veena by Jayanti Kumaresh, Bengaluru
- Hindustani Vocal by Sanjeev Abhyankar, Mumbai
17 Mar (Friday):
- Carnatic Violin by Nagai Muralidharan, Chennai
- Carnatic Vocal by Gayatri Sankaran, Mumbai
- Hindustani Violin by Sangeeta Shankar, Mumbai.
- Hindustani Vocal by Rupesh Gawas, Goa
- Carnatic Flute by Manda Anantha Krishna, Tirupati
- Sarod by Brij Narayan, Mumbai.
- Dhrupad by Wasifuddin Dagar, Delhi
- Carnatic Violin by T n Krishnan, Chennai
- Mohan Veena by Viswa Mohan Bhatt, Jaipur.
Date: 18-19 March 2017; Time: From 10.00 am
Venue: SPJIMR Auditorium, Andheri.
- Sufiana Kalam by Shabir Ahmad Saznawaz, J & K
- Oddissi Music by Gopal Chandra Panda, Odisha
- Baul Music by Mahadev Das Baul, West Bengal
- Kabir Bhajan by Bharti Bandhu, Raipur
- Abhang by Manjusha Patil, Mumbai.
- Hari Katha by M V Simhachala Sastry, Tirupati
- Natasankirtan by M Maniton Singh, Manipur
- Gurbani Kirtan by Alankar Singh, Punjab
To watch the live telecast of the programmes see http://sangeetnatak.gov.in/sna/webcast.html
Sangeet Natak Akademi, New Delhi is the National Academy of Music, Dance and Drama under the Department of Culture, Government of India. The Akademi, founded in 1953 , is an autonomous institution to document preserve and disseminate the Indian folk/traditional performing art forms.
Bhavan’s Cultural Centre – Andheri, an organisation by Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan is aimed to provide an enviromnet for the growth of art & culture. It offers quality programs of music, dance, drama and other allied arts and cultural events.